Yeast infections—something we all love to hate. And unfortunately, something that most women experience at least once in their life. Which means we also have to deal with yeast infection medication.
Getting a yeast infection is not a matter of life or death, but can be a very uncomfortable infection. The truth is, the majority of us will end up getting a yeast infection at some point in our life.
Not to stress though, luckily there is a range of yeast infection medication available in the market for you!
However, not all yeast infection medications are made equally. So we are here to break it all down for you. There are also natural solutions we think you will enjoy.
Things to Watch Out For With Yeast Infection Medication
As we mentioned earlier, not all medication is created equal. It is important to understand exactly the benefits and risks of your yeast infection medication.
Here are some key things to watch out for:
- – Oral medications. There is a range of oral antifungal yeast infections like fluconazole that many people are prescribed with when they are diagnosed with a yeast infection. However, there are some side effects that you should be aware of. So if you are prescribed oral medication, make sure that you ask about possible side effects first.
- – The numbers on the medication matter. If you’ve ever used an OTC vaginal treatment you know they come with numbers on the box. For example, if you see the number 7 next to the medication name, this medication would need to be taken for a week straight. The same goes if you see the numbers 10, 14, etc. So make sure you understand the time requirements for the medication. Don’t skip days. You need to use the full course.
- – Steroid creams are a common solution. Yeast infections mean that there is a lot of strong bacteria in your vaginal region. A great way for doctors to help you combat the inflammation and redness in this area is by giving you steroid cream. Because these creams have steroids in them, you will need to get a prescription first.
- – Not all medications need prescriptions. You have a range of other options available to you as well. This ranges from creams, and suppositories that you can get over the counter. This is especially great news for when you notice symptoms of a yeast infection and want to take action quickly!
- – Medications do not prevent yeast infections from coming back. While medications for yeast infections are powerful, they do not make you immune to getting future infections. Instead, you will need to look at improving your overall vaginal health.
- – There are ways to prevent yeast infections altogether. While medication is sometimes the best route for women who develop yeast infections to take, there are also some incredible home remedies. These home remedies include incorporating items like tea tree oils, yogurt, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar into your routine.
Let’s Talk More About Home Remedy Solutions
Right, so let’s dive into more of these natural ingredients that we were just talking about.
Studies are showing that a range of home remedies are proving to be just as successful with helping you cope with a yeast infection. We just need to keep in mind that each woman has different needs and preferences. Some may want (or need) to use only what a doctor prescribes.
But here are some natural solutions that you should consider:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: We believe in this ingredient’s antibacterial and pH-balancing properties so much that we use it in our pH Balanced Vaginal Wash! Apple cider vinegar is actually one of the best remedies for yeast infections. So if you have a yeast infection, why not try giving our own vaginal wash a go? It could bring some much needed relief.
- Greek yogurt: A great thing to have with breakfast or a substitute for sour cream. Greek yogurt is jam-packed with probiotics. It is exactly what your body needs for healthy pH balance to get you back to normal yeast levels in your vagina. Probiotics themselves are always great for your overall health, too.
- Coconut Oil: Did you know that coconut oil is actually the fatty oils that come straight from coconuts? Coconut is great for many things, including helping you cope with yeast infections! And this is a natural ingredient that can actually be applied straight to your vagina. Just make sure you are using pure, organic, unadulterated coconut oil.
- Vitamin C: This magic vitamin helps us sort out all sorts of health complications, including yeast infections! Vitamin C is predominantly known to be an immune system supporter. Your immune system will help you fight off infections, including yeast infections. So why not boost up your vitamin C intake? Supplements and vitamin rich foods are great options.
Take Matters Into Your Own Hands
And while we’re on the topic of home remedies, why not also take matters into your own hands? Here are some simple life hacks you can do to help protect yourself against yeast infections.
- – Avoid sugary and processed foods—seriously. You will instantly become more “yeasty” down there if your diet is full of unnatural foods. Stick to the organic fruits, vegetables, grains, and meats to maintain a healthy diet!
- – Invest in good underwear. Your undies should protect your vagina, but not suffocate it! Ensure that your undies are made of quality cotton and allow for breathing room so things don’t get too moist up there!
- – Invest in vaginal products—the team at VeeFresh works really hard to provide you with feminine hygiene bundles that are driven by nature and science.
- – Get yourself a supportive group of ladies—here at VeeFresh, we are all about community support. No one should have to deal with vaginal stuff on their own!
With these things to watch out for, home remedy alternatives, and prevention tips, vaginal yeast infections no longer need to be something you’re scared of. Instead, you can take action in the way that is best for you!